Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chat Roulette

Have you seen this? Have you heard about this? What's the deal with chat roulette. I mean, come on . . .

Okay, I know you more than likely have heard of chat roulette, and maybe you think this post is a little late on the topic, but I felt that to speak to the trend at the height of it's popularity would render the following to mere band-wagon status. It's been months since people were all flustered over the idea of being able to comfortably surf stranger's dicks, and so I think I can now speak on the topic with my own true, apt analysis.

First of all, I'll admit it, I've used chat roulette. Sober even, and I'm not ashamed. I try my best to stay as close to the forefront of internet culture as I possibly can, and so it was imperative that I spin the wheel to see how big of a dick it lands on. My use, however, was strictly scientific. I believe that everyone in the world has at least one exact twin. Although I'm not prevailingly religious or atheistic, I don't believe that God or Nature could come up with six billion different looking people. I mean that's just bologna. So, naturally, what better way to search for this twin of mine than on Chat Roulette. I was able to cycle through thousands of people, or perhaps I should say, heads, unsuccessfully searching for my twin (although I do feel as though I was close to finding him). So this is my main argument as to why Chat Roulette was such a phenomena.

I say was because it has significantly died in popularity. Although it still has a large user-base, it's heyday is over. Which is too bad, because I think it had a lot of promise. Only a few times did I dabble with fortune's wheel whilst enjoying a few drinks. It became popular as a meme like star wars kid, instead of as a tool like google. And that, in my opinion, is too damn bad.

Thank you, you've been a terrific audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment