Friday, April 3, 2009

Name Etymology

Have you seen this? Have you heard about this? What's the point of learning the meaning of your name? I mean come on. . .

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day, and she asked me what my name means. I told her that I have no fucking idea, and she seemed shocked. I missed the point. I don't understand why people care what their name means, because it's obviously going to be something good. Nobody is going to give their child a name that means 'asshole' or 'douchebag' or whatever.
An example you ask? 'Adolf' means noble wolf. Adolf Hitler was a big dirty Nazi. There is no correlation there. I don't know, just seems fucking stupid placing importance in your name as I've been lead to believe, many do.

Thank you, you've been a terrific audience.

2 comments: